Tested the latest Emblaser 2 electronics with Laserweb 3 today.

Tested the latest Emblaser 2 electronics with Laserweb 3 today. We engraved a photo onto some scrap cardboard and were very happy with the results and workflow.
Well done to everyone involved with LW (especially that guy called Peter).

Tech Info:
NDB7A75 diode
100% power = 3.0A
0.15 kerf size
0-50% power range
60mm/s white
40mm/sec black

Stable Master.

We’re testing the electronics a little conservatively at the moment. Should be able to crank it up to full power and speed soon.

Also want to discuss the ability to engrave at 45 degrees at some point. That will make a noticeable improvement to the engraving quality.

You are setting the bar so so high

Now I must try this material :slight_smile:

@Domenic_Di_Giorgio1 ​… was this exact focal length of your laser or slightly out of focus

The focus was slightly out but I can’t quote the amount as we didn’t record that setting.

@Domenic_DiGiorgio ​ cool thanks it gives me a starting point to test :slight_smile:

@Alex_Krause Cardboard is a good material for testing engraving. It’s cheap and easy to find. You just need to be careful with your power settings as it can easily ignite.

@Domenic_DiGiorgio ​ there seems to be a power level on cardboard where it turns white durring the engrave

@Alex_Krause ​ yes it does but that above I don’t think is regular cardboard. I believe is similar to what I used the other day

@Alex_Krause yes, it seems the laser bleaches some color out of the cardboard. I have a good example of it but not sure how to post another pic to this post.

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty It was from an old box we had laying around. It does look a little lighter than other cardboard boxes we have here. Looking closely at it shows a lot of imperfections which could indicate it is a partially recycled material.

@Domenic_Di_Giorgio1 ​ wow, exactly because of the color I was deceived and could not find traces of the white bleache

You can add photos using a service like http://imgur.com

Cool. Here is another engraving that shows just how much bleaching happens. http://imgur.com/a/InZGT

@Domenic_Di_Giorgio1 ​ that’s just amazing. Did you use the same settings as before?

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty On this one the settings were a little different.
Tech Info:
NDB7A75 diode
100% power = 3.0A
0.15 kerf size
0-85% power range
70mm/s white
40mm/sec black

I actually prefer the pervious settings as they have better contrast.