Surface layers not printing - Ender 3 V2 Neo

Hi there,

I’m really struggling to get top surface layers to print a smooth finish on all my current designs and was wondering if anyone could please suggest where I’m going wrong.

My most recent design is a chess piece and the top layers of the base and head are just showing the infill which is starting to drive me slightly crazy.

When I’m loading it onto my slicer it is also just forgetting some of my walls of the model which I’ll attach a picture of.

I’d be really grateful if anyone can please give me some advice on where I’m going wrong.

Cheers,

Johnny

Which slicer? Have you actually printed them to test the results?

Try reducing layer heights . PrusaSlicer can do adaptive layer heights, which will reduce the layer height to produce smoother slopes and surfaces.

These look like small parts, zooming in on the sliced model in the slicer can make things look like problems, but when printed they become invisible, too small to see.

Thanks very much for getting back to me. Apologies for my delay in getting back to you, I’ve been abroad with work. I’m using creality slicer just because it was the easiest to get on my laptop if I’m being completely honest.

It is quite a small model so I get what you mean now with imperfections being should we say exaggerated when zooming in.

I’ll try a new print with your suggestions and will come back when it’s done.

Thanks again!