Spam on G+ is getting a little much it seems...

Spam on G+ is getting a little much it seems… my suggestion: Should this community consider registration authorisation before being allowed to post

registration authorisation" how would that help". leave at as it is the mods can deal with them when they rise there little heads. I could sign up tomorrow spam the tihs out of us the day after.

Absolutely not.
Closing the community would not only mean that the mods would have to background-check thousands of new users every week, but it would also create another barrier to participating. And i’d rather have to delete a spam post every now and then than having to exclude users.
The best thing you can do right now is to report content that you think is spam. Google+ has a somewhat smart filter where such posts automatically get pushed to, and then have to be individually approved by a mod.
Sure, I’d love to see G+ integrate more granular options, but right now we have to make do with what we have.

Is there another way? Is there any way to let people join but limit them posting unless their account is X days old they have posted more than Y posts elsewhere and/or less than Z% was marked as spam

@Michael_Scholtz nope. G+ is very limited in that regard - the only viable options are keeping the community as open as it is now or requiring new members to be approved before they can post, comment and +1 anything. And that is a bit too strict, i think.
Explained in detail in the create your community section here: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2872671

@Michael_Scholtz I’m all for it. I’m tired of the ads and all the scam websites popping up. It’s getting really out of hand. I wouldn’t want to stifle the growth but I think you are right on track with that idea.

Given the volume of posts, members etc… I applaud the moderators for staying on top of the spam. We can complain about what we do see, but how much gets stopped before even hitting the page ?

@Thomas_Sanladerer I see the difficulties involved with limiting while not throttling users. I guess at some point google will need to add more features for admins. G+ was dead for a long time and seems to be gaining traction qluickly now. My inspiration for the poll was some random drug thing that looked like it may have had a disturbing photo I blocked and reported it but it still shows up for the best part of 10 minutes on a refresh. Its annoying but this is definitely a pg group as far as im concerned so offencive content gets me worked up even more.

It’s the internet. Offensive content is going to exist. You can’t babysit everyone. I can even get quite opinionated and offensive myself at times. The community will stay open - regardless of votes, because the goal is to help anyone who needs it, and to allow everyone to keep up on others experimentation, development, etc.

Honestly, I don’t care much about “growth”. If this community didn’t gain a single member for a year, we’d still have a very active, very interesting community. There are many “regulars” here which constantly post, that keep this community worth coming back to.

Junk mail, junk email, sales calls, browser pop-up adds, tv advertisements…they are a fact of life. No matter how well you try to eliminate them, someone is smarter and will figure out a way around the protection method. They are a fact of life. I realize that, ignore them, and move on.

I think as long as everyone is vigilant about flagging spam, it will be okay…

I report the profiles as fake, spam. Then I report the post. It helps keep it down.

By the way, if you want a post gone immediately, comment on it and + a mod - that’ll push a notification to whatever mobile device that mod is carrying around.

Delete them, Report them, Block them. Don’t punish me because you dislike them.