Some results of my new Form 1 3d printer.

Some results of my new Form 1 3d printer. So far the resolution seems amazing. The software is pretty easy to use as well and out of the box we didn’t have much trouble setting it up.

I have had a few parts not stick to the build platform, but that is not too uncommon and I have had the same issue with my RepRap and Makerbots. I think it is a matter of getting the settings right and learning the machine. But here are some photos.

We will see how tough the material is. I don’t know how long the gears will hold up. But there is only one real way to find out. lol

I’m wondering the same thing about the toughness of this plastic before I jump in. My experience says this stuff is a little more brittle than ABS. They do look good. Anxious for your next post.

I have worked with SLA parts from places like QuickParts. Those have been brittle and do not take impacts well. But the support material that I have cut off feels pretty tough. I ordered a UV lamp to really cure that parts after they come out. I was tired of waiting of a sunny day in Pittsburgh PA.

I here you. Over here in Phoenixville PA (just outside Philly). Looking forward to the build. The nice thing about ABS is the natural lubrication aspects, kind of like Teflon.