Some ... newbie LaserWeb questions.

Some … newbie LaserWeb questions. Likely they are documented somewhere that I did not find in my search.

I have the below challenges as I am getting LW and my K40 to play nice together along with my OJT:

1. I get in a state where LW will not connect/reconnect to the K40:
    -The smoothie is properly represented in the device manager and all drivers are good.
    -When I try and connect I get a " Error … file not found" on the admin console and it does not connect.
    -I eventually get it to reconnect by trying stuff such as: plug-unplug USB, restarting the LW server, refreshing, disconnecting LW … etc. I can’t put my finger on anything specific that goes wrong or corrects it.

2. I got LW queuing with a “feed hold”. No idea how that happened or what that is? I was playing with G and M commands. The GLCD said “Feed Hold”. When this happened LW started queuing all commands and I did not know how to empty or release it.

3. I completed all the fields that say “Required” in the lw configuration but it still says I have an incomplete configuration?

4. When you backup the LW configuration does is also backup macros and can you restore them?

5. There seems to be some M codes that I don’t find in the docs. Someone will say; “Oh use this Mcode for that” … are these just new and unpublished or am I looking in the wrong places.

Thanks and I apologize if I should have found these somewhere …

I will add a supported G and M code list for Smoothieware and GRBL to the wiki. I will also do a write up for the back up feature of LaserWeb

I’ve had #2 happen twice. The only way I was able to fix it was to kill the server in terminal.

the feed hold state is actually when it is either suspended (M600) or in feed hold (!) to release from suspend you use M601, and to release from feed hold you send ~. At some point they will become the same thing. However the host has to support the upstream commands to support the suspend command (smoothie sends // action:pause) as per the reprap docs on the reprap wiki.