So the structural parts for the AX-02 came in today and this happened.

So the structural parts for the AX-02 came in today and this happened. I had a small derp on the top bracket idler holes being too small, but that’s now been fixed and I’m printing the replacements off now. It’s going together like a charm…

Those arms look way, way too short… are you sure you got the correct length?

Nope, right length. 317mm from balljoint to balljoint.

The board’s an Azteeg X5 Mini v3
missing/deleted image from Google+

Well going by Thinkyhead’s delta calc they should be right, I’ve just shifted the effector around a bit and at the pylons it’s fine but it may be a little short for in between each pylon. I’ll need to get it running and check the movement.

Make sure you don’t exceed your desired arm angle limit – I recommend 20 degrees as the closest you get to horizontal, otherwise the carriages have to run too fast and you’ll lose position.

@Thomas_Sanladerer ​ his build height is only ~200mm afaik, so the length should be just fine. @Ax_Smith-Laffin ​ could have easily gone higher though. I wonder why he didn’t!?

@Martin_Klein - The reason being is that I rarely print above 100-150mm. Most of my prints are in the 40mm range and below. This printer was built for it’s XY capacity over Z. I have the FB2020+ should I want a large Z height. As a note though, the Arms are too short, they should be in the 425mm region. I have more CF Rod coming in today to fix that.