So I just got a really good deal on filament and I wanted to

Order arrived today, will try a test print tomorrow to see how well the filament works.

Mine is here as well, will try ABS tomorrow. Overall everything looks top notch, including super fast shipping.

Bought and printed a spool of this filament, on your recommendation. It worked, though not perfect. Rather a lot of stringing. Still … it did work.

Likely I could have adjusted my printer settings to make the filament work better, perhaps.

When I had used up the spool, loaded the cheap/clear filament from Solutech. So far … damn, these are in comparison really very nice

This is by no means a scientific test. Also the Solutech filament was baked overnight in a 170F oven. The other filament I have baked (even fresh out of the bag) seem to be improved.

Baking the next spool I plan to use, at the moment. My first attempt using Hatchbox PLA was a bit of a disaster. Baked that spool, and got good results. (Might be other factors, not the plastic.)

Meanwhile have a print running with the exact same gcode, and Solutech PLA, and … it is frigging beautiful, in comparison.

Is this a difference in the plastics, or the effect of baking the plastic aforehand to drive out moisture? Unclear.

It’s all about the printer settings tuning, unless the filament is really bad. I had an ABS spool with the outer layer fused with the plastic wrap over time and becoming brittle. I still managed to remove the contaminated length (plenty many feet) and print just OK.

Not sure about that “baking” physics. Dehydration? As I doubt that softening it will do any good, especially when tight on the spool. Deformed profile may stuck in the feeder (had that many times due to the heat creep and tight feeder gears).

I just bought 3 more spools… I don’t have any issues printing with it at all.

@Keith_Applegarth good to hear! I’ll probably stick with them for a little while if I can. Good prints + good price = win for me. Lol.

so far I’ve printed three different models and had no issues in fact I’ve had better success than with Hatchbox which seemed to break constantly the print quality is acceptable for the speed I’ve been printing at. So to summarize for the price I would buy again.

@Dan_Baldwin nice. Good to see that others are happy with the quality. I worried that if I posted about this filament and it sucked that people would be mad. Lol

As I was doing a lot of fast/light prints for prototype parts, I only cared if the printed parts worked. The massive stringing and not very attractive appearance of the parts did not matter. So I was satisfied with the purchase of (clear) ZLYtech filament.

When the spool ran out, I loaded a spool from 3D Solutech. At $18 for a spool, this stuff is almost as cheap … and a print of the exact same part is frigging beautiful. For the ~$3 difference, I prefer the Solutech.

I ordered 3 spools and with the discount came in under $12 each. The stringing was more than likely temperature related. You could have probably dropped the temp 5C and cleared up most of the issues.

@Preston_Bannister like @Keith_Applegarth ​ said, try changing your temp. I used the black version and didn’t have stringing issues. It’s possible that it’s just something with the clear itself. I haven’t used any other colors.

It is cheaper than the online store. I just tested a 3 spool order from their web store. You do not get free shipping nor do you get the $10 discount for ordering 3. It worked out to almost $3 more per roll. I ordered 3 more off of ebay…

@Keith_Applegarth lol. That’s dumb.