So I just got a really good deal on filament and I wanted to

So I just got a really good deal on filament and I wanted to share it. I live in the U.S. so idk if you can get this anywhere else. But I found a seller on eBay selling spools of filament for under $14 which so far seems to be pretty cheap. But this seller offers $10 off your order of 3 or more rolls and you can mix and match colors with a bunch to choose from (though some colors are a little more expensive). Under $32 for 3, 1kg spools. But it must be junk, right? A U.S. seller for that cheap? Well I’ve been printing and taking measurements along the way (the beginning of my first spool) and so far every spot I’ve measured has been ± .01mm that’s pretty accurate in my book. 1.74-1.76 is the worst I’ve seen. It seems to be printing great as well. So idk if you pro guys will stray from your preferred brands but for the average joe, it seems to be great. As long as the other rolls are even half this good, I’ll be ordering more from them.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322569871813

Have you used this filament though? Did you order any? Let us know if it prints worth a crap once you get it.

@ThantiK well like I said in the post, it’s printing right now and it’s doing really well. I am by no means a pro and don’t have a ton of experience with filaments but it seems to be great. Plus the diameter of the filament is really accurate (so far).

Sorry, missed that part :stuck_out_tongue:

@ThantiK I know it’s kinda hard to see but this is what I’m in the process of printing with my $154 polished turd printer. The lines are looking pretty clean. The plastic almost looks like it is melting together better than my previous rolls of filament. I guess we’ll see when it’s done.

I have used a lot of cheap as well as not so cheap filament. The difference between today’s good filament and cheap filament is not the diameter variation but the actual plastic used. Cheap pla doesn’t even smell like pla . You don’t actually know what plastic it is. The prints seem ok but not as clean as the expensive counterparts .

@ekaggrat_singh_kalsi well like I said in a comment above, I’m not a pro in printing. But if I can get good prints for cheap, that’s good enough for me.

@ThantiK I’d say it came out pretty good. Now that I’m getting things more dialed in, I made a post on how to fix my Y axis issue. As you can see, my layers don’t line up perfectly and idk how to fix it.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers no offence but do you have a actual good printer like a ultmaker, or whatever to compare your prints to? Every new user has this pitfall of thinking their prints are great until they see a truely good print…

Well, the price is good. Is anyone else printing with the filament from this vendor?

@ekaggrat_singh_kalsi ​ yeah we have a somewhat nice ultimaker 2+ (something like that) and it does do a better job for sure. But I’m not expecting this cheap printer to be amazing. I guess when I say it turned out well, I mean in retrospect to the cost of the printer. In comparison to a nice printer, yes, this looks like crap. None the less, this printer suits my needs and it didn’t cost me much.

Great find! Ordered a couple of ABS and one PLA.

Ive been testing out eSun PLA off of Amazon and it too prints pretty good for cheap filament. Ill definitely give this brand a try! I don’t mind paying $30+ for something that’s gonna be used but if I’m printing something to sit on a shelf the cheaper the better lol

Isnt 1lbs, 2.2kg?

I have ordered twice drom these guys. They ship quick and the price is great. I am still using my first roll and it is great. I am using a Prusa i3 Mk2s and the print quality is on par with some of the more expensive stuff.

I will be ordering more from these guys.

@Mike_Perreman 1kg = 2.2lbs

@Keith_Applegarth great! It’s good to see that others have had a positive experience as well. Just means that I didn’t just get lucky this time around.

Placed an order for three rolls of pla hope it works out!

@Dan_Baldwin make sure to post if you like it or not. I wouldn’t want to keep having people buy it if there is an issue. Or at least they should know if there are some and they can decide. Personally I’m still pretty happy with mine. Everything I’ve printed so far has come out great (aside from my current z axis rod issues but that’s not the PLA’s fault).

I would not order again, if I did not like it. It prints consistently on my Prusa i3 Mk2s. I do like it and the price is great.