So I discovered the awesome Eustathios design a couple months ago,

So I discovered the awesome Eustathios design a couple months ago, bravo to the people who designed it. It seems like the best design I have found online. My original intention was to modify it slightly to use larger aluminum extrusion for more rigidity, and reduce part count a bit (mainly by eliminating the second drive belt from the X and Y axis). However, I was having a hard time modifying the files (I use Catia for work) and ended up redrawing and modifying pretty much everything but the carriage. I intend to use one Z-axis motor ,and one ball or lead screw and one 8mm rod and linear bearing on each side of the build plate. So the two lead/ ballscrews will be one a single belt. The X and Y axis motors are in a configuration on saw here a couple weeks ago, but can’t seem to find again. It is missing a pair of idler pulleys below each X/Y motor. Of course the belts are not included either because I have no idea how to model them. I intend to use graphite impregnated bronze bushings on the X and Y slides, and the self aligning bushings per the Eustathios design in the carriage. The build volume is 300x300x300.
I guess I am just throwing this out there to see if the people here with more experience than me could point out any problems or pitfalls with what I have designed.

One difference is that (like a low-cost Eust-like printer from China posted earlier) you did away with the two cross bars that hold the Z shafts- which probably saves a little money and seems a little cleaner.

I’m pretty sure the “second” drive belts for X and Y are necessary with this mechanism type. The leverage of the carriage so far from the axis slide, I just don’t think you’re going to have a good time.

When I designed a machine, I just drew flat belts - without the teeth. At least makes a good stand-in.

I think I wasn’t clear, the two X or Y axis rods are connected at each end. I eliminated a third belt (or coupler) to attach the motor.

OK, I thought Eustathios Spider v2 did away with that relay belt.

I got the idea for the belt configuration from a post on this group a couple weeks ago, but can’t seem to find it. I think the spyder v2 does still have the short belt https://github.com/eclsnowman/Eustathios-Spider-V2/blob/master/Documentation/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%2003-08-15%20at%2004.16%20PM.PNG

@Cullen_Parish yeah that was the post by @shauki ​ but all his posts seem to be gone now. Not sure why I can’t see them anymore.