Smoothie disconnects at low feed rate speed in pronterface

Hello everyone.

I have my smoothie wired and moving all my axis just fine. i have build a medium size foam cutter (1000mm x 1000mm x 1000mm) so i have to tweak the config file and i have changed the max feed rate to 4000mm/min and acceleration to 500 to all axis. Im using pronterface, streaming wtih ethernet. when a run a gcode at fast feed rate speed (4000mm/min and Up) everything works fine. The problem comes when i have to cut High density foam, so I must slow down the feed rate as low as 400mm/min, then pronterface says almost almost at the beginning of the g code: ERROR Can’t write to printer (disconnected?)…After 4 write errors pronterface disconnects automatically. If i increase the feed rate gradually, the count for the 4 errors takes longer so pronterface last longer connected

Am I missing something in the config file or in pronterface???.i also have very Jittery Movement at slow speeds.

Thanks in advance!

Imported from wikidot

What do the LEDs on the Smoothieboard do when you get an error ?

Also, can you try the same thing, but upload the file then play it, instead of streaming it ( recommended anyway ) ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the super quick answer.

I will check tonight the LED status (I have smoothie inside a custom case, i did not see the leds…).

I have read in the wiki that ethernet is better than USB, are you recommending to print via SD because its better than ethernet?

I’m recommending to use Ethernet to print from SD :slight_smile:

Pronterface allows you to do that, as does the web interface.

I Have checked the leds, LED # 3 is always blinking, LED # 2 Sometimes is on, then turns off for a few seconds, LEDS 1, 4 ,3.3, VBB are always on.
I have tried with the USB and surprisingly works fine, Smoothie webinterface also works fine too. So i will follow your recommendations use Ethernet to print from SD.

I have another question: i have tried to use so far 3 different SSR , when i hit the M3 command, the input side changes from 0 to 3.2volt, but the output side never turns on, it seems that a need more voltage to command the SSR, (input side spec 3-32vdc) is there a way to apply more voltage with the GPIO pin?? can I use a small mosfet to command the SSR?

Thanks!