Small modifications made: Enabled IP on Smoothie Small switch to connect Smoothie and Pipo,

I’ve not yet looked at the chiller’s options, but that is definitely a good idea!
Splitting my rare free time between modding my new 3D printer and the FABkit… :wink:
Actually was running both at the same time today! :wink:

Just not certain all these things can be supported in GRBL for the Smoothie though…

I think it should be possible but you have to build a new firmware version. Not as simple to update like smoothie and the modules. Cool what printer you get?

An Anet A8 (Prusa I3 clone)… It’s my 2nd one, first was a 101Hero (Kickstarter)

How did the 101 hero turn out? Can’t go wrong with a Prusa. Solid starter machine.

It’s a decent printer… The calibrating was a challenge, but hooking it up to Repetier via USB to be able to send the head to each pillar made it much easier
There is a teeny bit of a height difference between the pillar locations and the points in between, with the apex right in the center! If you’d print a flat plaque, it’s be a bit convex (probably about 0.2-0.3 mm difference between the lowest and highest point!), but once calibrated it prints nice, if a tad slow-ish!

It helped though that I already had 3D printing experience, or I probably would’ve thrown it out of the window in frustration! :wink: