Sculpfun S9 losing power

I have a Sculpfun S9. I have had it since Christmas. Just a new hobby.
It has been working great until today. I am using Lightburn software and a desktop computer. It will not cut or engrave except at 100mm/min and 100% Power. Is there a setting that I messed up? I am not a technical person so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have not been fiddling with settings the most likely explanation is a dirty lens (diode lasers suffer from this just like tube lasers suffer from dirty mirrors), clean it with iso-alcohol on a cotton wool swab, polish off with a lint free cloth.

Another thing to think of is focus, has the cutting distance changed? does the unit have a focus ring?

Only you know how you have changed settings; try reverting back to the very first ones you used and try to redo some of your first tests with those same settings. If you still cant get the results; then you should probably take this up on the SculptFun forums.

Finally; It’s not unknown for highly stressed laser diodes to loose power or even fail after the first few hours of use, thermal shock and the slightest manufacturing flaw will do it.

3 Likes