Question on Electrical conductivity of coolant. I’m currently using the distilled water + biocide + dawn recipe. This is giving me about 50us on a little meter I’ve got.
Distilled water reads about 2us, so the meter seems like it’s doing a good job. I’m assuming the dawn + biocide is what is raising it up to 50.
It’s getting cold and I need to add something to prevent the liquid from freezing. I’ve got some propylene glycol and I could add that. But I’ve also got some pre-mix RV antifreeze that I measured at 80us. 80 does not see like that much higher of a number, and certainly a lot less than the +400us I’ve seen listed for rv antifreeze elsewhere.
Is there some sort of maximum level of conductivity or is it ‘just keep it as low as possible’.
I like the idea of using the RV antifreeze as it’s much cheaper than the propylene glycol.