Problems with Makerbase MKS DLC32 V2.1

Hi there, I recently bought myself some stuff for making a custom laser printer. As for the GRBL controller I chose the Makerbase MKS DLC32 V2.1 with DRV8825 chips and TFT24 display. While setting up, I had found some problems that I really need an answer for:

1. Sometimes (not sure if it’s because of the power), the controller refuses to boot(mostly when connecting something to it). As an idea, when connected to power, it’s going kind of like in a bootloop: the screen flickers and the lights are blinking;

2.The laser is not working. For instance, I bought a D-B1600-B laser with a built-in fan. When connected and tested in LaserGRBL, the only thing that’s happening is the fan spinning. We tried everything, from changing configuration parameters and more, but nothing worked.

I hope getting an answer soon.

You need to solve problem number 1 before moving on.

Then, once you have solid connectivity between your controller and your control software/computer then you move onto getting the thing moving, any movement. then movement in the correct direction, then movement of the correct distance. Then you get your endstops checked so the machine can tell when it is at HOME position.

AND THEN you start worrying about turning the laser on/off.

2 Likes