Printing one of the most complex part I ever attempted on my Printrbot  Simple.

Printing one of the most complex part I ever attempted on my @Printrbot Simple.

One of the part of the Y mod: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:242185

083183c1163b74ac3f0d9528b179fa5b.jpeg

d3e40ef855181bca2ad34e103a3462cb.jpeg

That’s a great mod. Love the design, got to try and print this! post pics of the before/after upgrade and comment on problems, etc. :slight_smile:

hah, that exact part is printing on my simple right now too

I am printing it with no support or brim. Just amazing how the @Printrbot Simple is able to do gaps ! Love the little thing !
Getting rods of 17" and 19" tomorrow. With this mod plus the X axis mod I should be able to do about 275mm x 300mm x 100mm

Will this work with the stock rods, or am I going to have to get one 2" longer? I don’t want to expand the width right now

You will need to get longer rods. This mod assumes a lower rod that is 51mm longer then the upper rod. It also moves the Y axis bearings out to the same width as the Z axis rods, instead of bunching them up. This means that more of your rod size is “wasted” inside of the structure. This means less of the rod length can be used for motion, but an increase in stability.

Rods are pretty cheap, I have a pair of 10inch ones in the mail that I’ll cut down to the size I need.

I agree regarding the gaps. When I was printing it for Carlton I wasn’t looking forward to when it got to near the top cause it looked like a long way to bridge across, but surprisingly it did a good job.

This is awesome! Loving the mods!