printing at lower temperatures leads to a higher probability of the printer being able

printing at lower temperatures leads to a higher probability of the printer being able to bridge, I learned.

as a newbie, I learned that the lower layers need higher temperatures to stick with the heatbed which would then work against bridging quality. in simplify3d, i learned that i can define different temperatures for different layers. better?

The obvious is only obvious_after_ you made the discovery. @Andrew it would be more appropriate to share your wisdom and prior discoveries with grace.
@Ramin, as a fellow newbie I appreciate you sharing your discovery, having not yet made it myself. Enjoy!

@Andrew_Frahn – maybe try to be less of a dick next time.

Another tip that may not be obvious: you get much better bridging and overhangs with a lower bed temperature (as each layer cools more quickly in cooler air). So if you have something with really nasty overhangs, it will print better if you can persuade the print to stick to a cold bed (so blue tape on a glass bed for example, wiped with isopropyl).

@Mark_Wheadon , yeah, thanks. actually, there were a couple of learnings. reducing be temperature after the first three layers was one of them. also i’m now in iteration four of designing these structures and you learn with each iteration how structure and printer go better together.