Other than ooznest can any one else recommend any UK based suppliers where I

Other than ooznest can any one else recommend any UK based suppliers where I could get an ox kit or all the parts for the build as sadly they have a 6 week lead time at the moment and I’m impatient and want to get building?

I can’t say anything about other suppliers, but you won’t regret waiting for the parts when you don’t find someone else and have to order from ooznest :). I had a really nice email-chat with their support because of some questions I had and they even made it possible to change an already sent order.

I did try to call them today to see if the 6 weeks was a upto date figure but sadly got no answer on the phone.

I would prefer to get from them its just the wait, as I had someone who was going to supply plans for a large cnc with mach3 etc… but after waiting 2 months I just want to get going.

My apologies for the no answer, I must have already been on a phone call, it hasn’t stopped ringing today.

The 6 weeks is worst case scenario, we are pushing as hard as we can to get them shipped, and now Christmas is over we can get back into the flow of things and hopefully bring that lead time down.

Don’t worry it happens, so in realistic terms, how long would you think it would take to get a 1500x1500 full kit with a router mount if I ordered tonight/tomorrow?

I would say 5 weeks (Sorry not much shorter than 6), i just don’t want to promise something that may not be achievable.

No it’s fine I guess you are bound by the delivery to you before you can ship it out.

Question for you though if I’m using the dewalt router does it perform better with 2 router mounts or is it stable enough with one?

in stock here : http://www.vslot-europe.com/28-ox-cnc-1500x1500

Thanks guys, I’ve just bit the bullet and from @ooznest I would rather have English support than and not have to deal with customs

I got mine with VslotEU, they speak good English & UK is still in EU so no custom, Enjoy your waiting and Brexit.

I can’t wait for brexit honest… Sadly not my choice but hey we have to live with it thanks to the masses but maybe we can come back soon?

I deal with customers all over the EU daily in my day job and the amount that gets lost in translation hurts my head hence since I know jack all about this I want someone who can understand my garbled explainations lol

for my curiosity, what kind of support do you expect from a kit seller? more than the G+ community or OpenBuilds site can’t offer ?

as per your customers, i just hope you can keep it (not being sarcastic), as on the continent the betrayal feeling would certainly affect UK exports.
(it’s a EU law about displaying the good’s origin, was never applied in London during my 12 years in the kingdom, a bit like EU flag next to Union Jack)

I had heard good things about the after sales support from ooznest, I just hope it’s true?

When I mentioned customers it was in respect of my day job as I work for a multinational storage company as an engineer hence the lost in translation parts while trying to work things out (nothing against the EU or EMEA to be honest).

To be honest I can only hope to expand my home projects that far, as to be honest the bloody brexit thing is a joke and I feel will only hurt trade.

But I guess we can only wait and see.

Anyway back on topic @StephaneBUISSON as I don’t want to drag it down to a political debate. :slight_smile:

me neither, I am still in love with my English wife.

I’m just waiting for mine to lynch me for buying this lol, just thinking can you recommend any good suppliers for bits/tools ?

Thanks for your order. The DeWalt works fine with 1 mount, but 2 would be better, could be the first project for when you get the machine, make a adaptor plate to attach two.

We believe our after sales support to be good, we answer the questions through what ever source they come in from.

And about the suppliers, cutwel or http://routercutters.co.uk are pretty good.

@ooznest think you meant http://robocutters.co.uk don’t you ?

For cutting bits i meant http://routercutters.co.uk, you can get some good solid carbide bits from them.

@ooznest leads to a domain troll !? That’s why I thought it was a typo