Originally shared by Nicholas Seward Making progess on our unnamed tablebot.

Originally shared by Nicholas Seward

Making progess on our unnamed tablebot. It is like the Printrbelt with the table/floor taking the place of the belt. Drift seems to be less than 1cm after 100m and angle drift was 2 degrees m. The traction is super positive so I think the arms should not cause much drift when given low enough acceleration values. The super good news is the drift is low enough to allow for a z probe pass before printing.

Add line following on one edge?

@Tom_Matthews good idea but would require a level of firmware programming that I am not interested in at the moment. The good news is that the test above seems to indicate that fancy firmware isn’t needed.

The test above says that I will be off by .2mm and .04 degrees after running the length of a conference table. For this printer, I won’t be going back and forth and 2m is about the farthest absolute difference I will be traveling.

Hopefully, running the x carriage back and forth won’t upset the tracking. I can imagine a part with more jerk in one direction than the other. That would be similar to pushing on it from the side while it’s rolling. I’m thinking there’s a possibility that could lead to curved or kinked prints.