Originally shared by John Lauer New Work Coordinate System add-on widget published.

Originally shared by John Lauer

New Work Coordinate System add-on widget published. It lets you change offsets visually. There’s still some work to do on making the “Zero Out” reflect what offset you’re in, but it’s progress. Also looking for feedback on if this is intuitive or not. This is a touchy subject out there.

A newbie question: is how these all tie together, I would like to move off of dependence on parallel port machines, and MACH3.

I see all of the discussion on tools running on Arduino, and referencing CHilippr, TInyG, GRBL; how do I get started understanding all of these components to know how to build out a control subsystem for my new CNC Router I am building? What reference page can I start from to gain this understanding?

One thought is to watch all the videos I’ve posted on my Youtube channel. I bring a lot of stuff together in the videos like controlling a laser from an Arduino while sending Gcode via ChiliPeppr to the TinyG.

Thanks, I will do that!