Originally shared by John Lauer Hot new DRO edit jog feature.

Originally shared by John Lauer

Hot new DRO edit jog feature. Enter your new coordinate and ChiliPeppr will navigate to it for you in that axis.

GOOD I GET IT FLOW

I’d still like to see the ability to set the coordinates for the current position.

@dhylands you can do that. It’s the “Set G54 Zero” button on left or the “Set Mch Zero” or use the pulldown menus per axis to set the zero in G92, G54-G59, or Machine.

@jlauer But what if my head isn’t at zero? I may be performing a second operation or resuming an interrupted operation where I’m picking up the coordinates from the part and the coordinates aren’t at 0,0. Even more commonly, I normally use a feeler gauge to set my Z. So perhaps my feeler gauge is 0.010" thick. So once I’ve jogged down to my zero plus feeler gauge, I’d like to be able to set the current position to 0.010". Yes, I could jog an additional 0.010" and then zero, but for picking up existing coordinates that isn’t always convenient.

I guess I could zero, type in the negative of the coordinates I want to set the current position to (so move the head to the real zero) and then zero, but that seems like a complicated procedure.

@dhylands ok, so have it issue a G10 L2 but use the number you just gave it? Or do a G10 L2 but have the new number you give it be added to the current coordinate? What if I just put an icon above the pencil that is this alternate idea. You get the same popup text box, but it’s obviously issuing a different command.

However its activated, it would take the number I just gave and set the current coordinate to that position (which I think means do the G10 L2). I don’t think adding to the current coordinate would make sense (or at least I can’t think of a case where I’d want to do that).

So I’d think of it as having an Edit the current position icon, and a Move to a new position icon (which is the functionality that you’ve just added).

I guess adding to the current position is kind of like doing a custom jog

a “set to” function in addition to the"goto" function would be realy handy