Originally shared by Frank Herrmann I'm proud to present my XATC V0.2.

Originally shared by Frank Herrmann

I’m proud to present my XATC V0.2. Without the expensive gator grips and better support for long endmills.

On the thumbnail for this video you see my improved design of the endmill Holder. The hole in the center has a diameter of 3mm and hold enmill’s with 3,.175mm (1/8") Diameter.

Hello Frank, looks like some nice progress! It looks like the spindle is moved to each tool location (each having a different absolute x,y coord.) for pickup/dropoff. Can you talk about the pros/cons of that vs rotating the tool holder (90, 180, 270) and having the spindle always pickup/dropoff at the same absolute x,y coordinate?

Hello +Marc Miller i don’t see some good points to rotate the carousel to a specific position. My first target is “Simple is beautiful!”, to rotate the carousel i need a second stepper and so on. I use G59 as WCS and saved the center of the carousel/G59 in eeprom and calculate the tool holder positions, (ok now i use a simple table at the macro, every row descrive the relative position to the G59 center point :slight_smile:

Ah yes, that makes sense. I forgot that would require an additional stepper. Thank you for the insight. :slight_smile:

Why are you rotating the holding table about 45deg after you pick up the endmill?

@Matthew_Kelton This will screw and unscrew the collet nut, this is why i call this “magic move”. The idea behind, you need strong torque. It’s pure physic … here i explained everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgfjYIQCZs

awesome stuff @Frank_Herrmann .