Originally shared by Bary Nusz Here are the results of my latest 3D prints

Originally shared by Bary Nusz

Here are the results of my latest 3D prints for various Nokia mounts. In this series I’ve got two different bases: one for setting on a flat surface, and the other to mount to GoPro hardware. I’ve got an adapter that will mount to either base and has a locking mechanism that can mate with various phone holders. Currently I’ve got 3 different phone holders for the Nokia 920. Two of the holders are for the Nokia 920 (one with and one without a gel case) and the wireless charger. The other holder is for the 920 (with gel case) without the charger and is made to hold onto the phone at various angles and will not cover up the camera. This one is good for mounting to a tripod for taking cinemagraphs or low light photos. Having this modular design makes it easy to design and print new pieces for different phones and new pieces for various mounting options. #nokialumia920 #gopro #solidoodle

Bary, what software are you using for modeling?

I’m using SketchUp. It’s free and very functional.

Kudos to you: I couldn’t get a handle on Sketchup. I use SolidWorks and Alibre Design. Tinkercad.com is another free solution that works very well.

Yes it takes a bit of playing to figure out how to use Sketchup. My wife and daughter are using Sculptris to do digital sculptures. They are getting very good at it.