Originally shared by Aglef Kaiser The island Madeira created with ,

Originally shared by Aglef Kaiser

The island Madeira created with #terrain2stl , gcode with#BlenderCAM and milled with #linuxcnc on my self made cnc #moederlp2

How difficult is blendercam to set up and use?

@John_Bump Now, with version 0.9 #blendercam is much more easy to install. I used the information from this webpage http://blendercam.blogspot.de/p/download-and-installation.html
There are also some information how to use #blendercam and a link to the wiki documentation.
If you make your first test, be sure that your model has the correct size. If you and an default cube, the cube is 2mx2mx2m and take a lot of time to compute.
And don’t use “exact mode” in the tests.
I used the Parallel strategy with Climb Down and Meander/ZigZag. Meander is really good for such reliefs.

I will give it a try. I am simultaneously trying out @FreeCAD 's path module (and crashing my insufficient memory computer a lot) and heekscad’s cam.

@Aglef_Kaiser
ah software versions. Those niggling little dependency issues that everyone just loves to toy with. Sometimes I’d like to just take all of the programmers, put them on a boat, and sink them in the middle of the ocean! In hopes that the next crop would have a bit more mercy on us end users.