Opposites y axis fix

Hi
I try to use laserWeb with 3d printer with laser head addon. I noticed that y axis is oposite:
When homeing the laser headset comes to the right position (0,0) but showed on softwar as (0,230). Also the direction button of y movement is different. When I move this axi using gcode/cura it moves to right direction.
What should I do?

Thanks

@Sagi_Gamil
Not all machines have the same ‘home’ position, you need to specify both the machine size and the origin offset in the settings:

You (probably) need to specify 230 in the Bottom Y field.

I’m not sure what you mean by

Also the direction button of y movement is different. When I move this axi using gcode/cura it moves to right direction.

LaserWeb does not ‘invert’ commands it sends, so this sounds like either a problem with your Printer firmware and/or configuration. Or maybe you are mis-interpreting how your machine moves.

1 Like

LaserWeb shows the head at 0,230, because that’s what your printer is reporting as work coordinates after homing.

Depending on the firmware there are (at least) two coordinate systems. One is “machine coordinate system”, which is related to the machines mechanical origin (0/0/0), the other is “work coordinate system” who’s origin can be set anywhere. The difference of both coordinate systems is stored in the firmware’s non volatile memory. It seems that your printer has a work offset of 0,-230,0 at the moment, which means the work origin is 230mm in front of the bed and front left of the bed is therefore 0,230.

Just try to click on the “set zero” button after homing. That tells the firmware, that the actual position should be 0,0 (in work coordinate system).

(this conversation is also held on the github issues: Y axi is opposite · Issue #662 · LaserWeb/LaserWeb4 · GitHub)

1 Like