OpenRC H-1 hollowed wing André Roy hope this helps on hollowing the wings.

OpenRC H-1 hollowed wing

André Roy hope this helps on hollowing the wings. I left the description of how I did it in your shelling post.

That will be a significant support structure! I wonder if modeling a more sain structure would save time? Like a 45 degree angle wedge.

@Brook_Drumm This was just to show Andre how I hollowed it. Do you mind if you show me a sketch or draw a line in it and I can go ahead and make alterations.

Andre runs the project… I go in, quickly copy his work to a new file as not to screw things up and fiddle with printing it. I’ve been absent for a bit but getting a new Big-E built immediately to commence print tests at full scale.

@Brook_Drumm Well hopefully this method or another method of manually hollowing out his structures will help him on his project.

We need to design/build internal framing that’s strong enough to withstand the loads from flight. I’m thinking ribs that hold the “skin” to the carbon fibre spars we are going to run through the wing.

Thanks for the tips and help @brett_turnage . I’m not sure yet if I’ll follow this approach… I’m still working out what to do.

Producing a hollow print is easy, @Brook_Drumm has already done this, printing a shell in a spiral :). I need to design the internal structure now…

Continuing discussion in original post: https://plus.google.com/+AndréRoy506/posts/89PEwJ2nvyy

@Andre_Roy best of luck on the project, it looks like a cool plane!

Thanks, I really appreciate the assistance. I’m encouraged to interact more :).

@Andre_Roy Well I argued with you a little bit ago about whether learning Blender or a parametric modeler like Fusion 360 was the way to go, and you know you were right! I picked up Fusion 360 pretty fast, and it is superior to Blender for building accurate parts, and the fact that you can just go back and change features is amazing. I love the program. The only thing is that Fusion 360 is a paid subscription program, or at least it is now. I got it when it was free when it was in Beta, but I hear that Inventor Fusion is still free. I was just asking because you had said that Fusion 360 was still free.

It is still free for community users. I just checked. http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview

I wouldn’t say we argued. We were having an open discussion and sharing our personal experiences :). It was quite friendly as I remember it.