Oops... Left her in the acetone vapor bath a little too long.

Oops… Left her in the acetone vapor bath a little too long. I’ll have to try again.

What type of 3d printer are you using ?

She’s melting, meeeeeeeelting… oh, what a world, what a world.

@Kacey_Young1 Printrbot PLUS. Sorry… forgot the link to the original post with all the information. https://plus.google.com/u/0/109651299134991445959/posts/DRGKkHedxst

It would be nice to be able to post follow up photos on old posts.

I’m trying to buy a 3d printer, but Im not sure who has the best to offer.

who is this character?

I’ve only owned my Printrbot PLUS. I love it and am having a blast with it. But I can’t help much in the way of comparison with other printers. I got this one because I wanted a kit that I assembled myself so I knew how it worked when I inevitably would want to start tweaking and upgrading things. It was also within the budget that my wife set for the project. It has been great.

@Kacey_Young1 I don’t know. Here’s the link to the original model on Thingiverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:33804

I like it… I would have use some jewelers tools to add more detail.

Thanks Jerrill Johnson for the info.

No problem! Have fun 3D printer shopping!

blob girl!

Can you explains your vapor bath process?
Thanks !

I don’t believe in that whole ‘google it’ thing since I’ve dead ended on a lot of posts looking for a soltuion with some linux sysadmin saying ‘google it’ and the google results = dead end with no answer.

A jar or container that doesn’t react to acetone. Put some acetone in the bottom, heat a bit until the acetone vaporizes and you see condensation on the sides of the container higher than your object height. Insert object via a creative method (hanger, glass plate on a hanger, etc). Choose path A) or Path B)… Path A) Leave it in for a long while until it looks like what you want, extract carefully and let it ‘dry’. Path B) Leave it in for a bit until it dissolves a bit, then remove, let the acetone evaporate, repeat over and over until you get the results you want.

I going to put together a video today on how I’m doing it. Stay tuned!