Ok , what do you all recommend for a good 3d printer for under

Ok , what do you all recommend for a good 3d printer for under $500, although a heated build plate for and could be nice, speed and build area is more important for me. What do you all recommend? I

(Sorry about the spelling error, can’t fix it cause it’s a poll.)

If tiko turns out good, that might be nice

I subscribed to the tiko email list, thanks for the tip!

$500 is a tough budget. You are looking at some okay I3 kits but if you up your budget a little bit you could go for the one straight from Josef Prusa.

I forgot they made the extended bed. That would sell me on the play. Printrbots are my favorite and probably always will be.

Peachy isn’t even shipping yet. They’re vaporware IIRC.

Brook Drumm is active here in the community, so my vote goes to the Printrbot. The i3 is a tie; depending on which kit you get, it could be boom or bust. Josef Prusa mostly sticks to twitter, so he loses points with me there. :stuck_out_tongue:

@LscsDesigns do you consider the extended bed worth it, and how challenging was the installation of the extended bes?

What are your thoughts on this printer. http://folgertech.com/products/folger-tech-kossel-2020-full-3d-printer-kit

Booooo Delta! – Start with a cartesian as your first printer. Delta problems are non-intuitive to solve, ESPECIALLY in kit form.

Ok, thanks @ThantiK ​ I will. :slight_smile:

@Derek_Wise ​ Something along this idea with the aluminum frame may be nice. My first and only 3d printer was the K800 Delta with the wheeled carriages. I hate them and will be covering to linear bearings.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/HICTOP-RepRap-Prusa-I3-Auto-Level-Unassembled-3D-Printer-1-75MM-Aluminum-Frame-/151817201510?nav=SEARCH

I would honestly save your money for a little longer and get the Prusa I3 from Josef Prusa. That way you are supporting the actual designer and are getting a top notch printer with actual quality parts. Not some crap kit. Its $599 but from what I have seen and heard its worth the money.

I always lean towards a Printrbot or other open soruce printers like the Lulzbot or Josef’s prusa.

I have had my eyes on BQ hephestos 2 although it’s more than your budget would allow.

@Ron_Hunn What was wrong with wheeled carriages?

I’m liking Deltas more and more

I will recommend a sparkcube as a first easy printer everytime I get asked.

Check out Wanhow Duplicator i3

Check out the one up, two up, and three up 3D printer kits. They are pretty cheap, and you would have about $100 left to spend on filament, (If you bought the most expensive version)

@Adam_Kimm @Adam_Kimm is wrong in this case. The one up and two up are absolute crap in every way. Do not even consider them. They use a trash design and low quality parts, and stole a non open source Hotend design from Printrbot.