Ok guys. I am more into the hobby like knowing parts motors etc...

Ok guys. I am more into the hobby like knowing parts motors etc… The cars i see are all running brushed motors. Running brushless motors you can use a closer gear ratio AND get higher rpms from the motor. This uses the same mount as brushed. You will get a higher speed witj brushless. Also you can benefit from lipo batteries. You have to make sure the esc is capable of lipo and how many cells. Although these batteries can be a lil dangerous there is a tremendous increase in performance. Just a lil tip to help you guys. The nitro conversion will be done soon!

Lots of people have brushless motors too. This is the one I ordered:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=25138

It was recommended by other people in the group.

@Joshua_Updyke that may be just a little bit underpowered. Also if you buy another motor try to get a sensored one. Sensorless is easy to destroy but sensored will automatically turn off if needed

@Joshua_Updyke I got my motor yesterday, have bought the same as you have, with this battery: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=21936

If you haven’t already place your order, you’ll need to order some kind of connector to solder on to the ECS-cables to connect it to the battery. This I didn’t know and missed totally. The same when it comes to the charger, missed cables and connectors to be able to charge my battery.

Have no experience what so ever about modern RC-parts, so need to read up some on these lipo-batteries.

@David_Baron I placed my order over a month ago and it still has not arrived. I am so upset with Hobby King about that. But there are several battery connectors that are common. It is not too difficult to change them if you want. I work for a robotics company so we have an really nice electrical shop so maybe that is why I think it is easy. lol

What you can do is buy an adaptor or find a Y cable with the correct plugs and cut them off and solder the connector you want on. Be careful that you solder it the correct way. There is a standard for female connection to always be on the power side. This is because it is harder for the female connector to get shorted. (not always the case for some connection types, so look at another battery with the connector and see which way they put the plug). You never want to be able to plug two batteries into each other.

Hope that helps,

Thanks @Joshua_Updyke I now found some adapter that got the male contacts I need (think it’s name is TRX (never heard off)). I’m just going to buy a few of these and cut them and and solder them to the ECS, and keep the female on the battery that it came with

@David_Baron thats made by a hobby company called traxxas…