Offline GRLB1.1 Version

This is just more of an FYI. I am currently working on a custom version of the Grbl1.1 version of chilipeppr and it will also be offline (or at least, mostly).

It is forked from all the great work from others John Lauer, jpadie, and xpix to name a few.

Here: GitHub - jimmieclark3/chilipeppr.local: Solution for an offline chilipeppr that can run local on your machine (Windows/Linux)

Great work guys.

For me, I had some quirks and issues I needed sorted. So doing this here, but feel free to use it all as you see fit. Keep in mind, some settings will be very custom to my machine/tools etc.

Happy Making All!!! and thanks guys, this solution turned my $300 cnc into a machine that can cut nearly as good as a wegstr > $3000 machine. Can’t thank you enough for all this awesome hard work.

3 Likes

Love it. Any way you could make a vid of how to install/run it locally?

Yeah, I will in the near future. I am fine tuning still. There were a few issues I had to work out, but it is working great now. Going to finish another board this coming week. Then plan on discussing all the ways I did it. With bits, etc. included. I am also working on refining the technique to make it as easily repeatable as I possibly can.

Also going to add a README page to the repo. After reviewing the windows section, its pretty close. I’ll definitely do a video to go with it.

It is honestly very easy. Will get to that soon.

2 Likes