Odd homing behaviour?

I have the latest firmware and config file setup with my board. Currently I have XYZ motors working as expected.

But concentrating on the X axis homing. The homing in Pronterface only moves the Head to the left a few mm when I clicked X home. Moving otherwise seems to work fine. If I keep clicking Xhome eventually it does hit the switch and then moves if you millimetres to the left, presumably switch is released.

But this seems rather peculiar because X should continue to move to the right until it hits the switch and then stop moving.

So any suggestions what this problem could be ?

Not sure I am following the config file properly…

I have…

endstops_enable                              true             # The endstop module is enabled by default and can be disabled here
#corexy_homing                               false            # Set to true if homing on a hbot or corexy
!alpha_min_endstop                            1.24^            # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
#alpha_max_endstop                           1.25^            # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
alpha_homing_direction                       home_to_max      # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_max_endstop
alpha_min                                    0                # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
alpha_max                                    200              # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set

My switch is NO to GND so I put the ! in !alpha_min_endstop ?

I home to max as I need it to move to the right to hit the switch…

Now if I home it says “WARNING: Nothing to home”

I don’t get it :frowning:

Oh seems ! should be on the end of the line not the start . But still have the same problem :frowning:

Working now :slight_smile:

endstops_enable                              true             # The endstop module is enabled by default and can be disabled here
#corexy_homing                               false            # Set to true if homing on a hbot or corexy
#alpha_min_endstop                            1.24^!            # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert if endstop is NO connected to ground
alpha_max_endstop                           1.25^!            # Pin to read max endstop, uncomment this and comment the above if using max endstops
alpha_homing_direction                       home_to_max      # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_max_endstop
alpha_min                                    0                # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_min is set
alpha_max                                    200              # This gets loaded as the current position after homing when home_to_max is set
1 Like