No "P" & "G" Terminal on my K40 (white) power supply

Sorry for the late reply as I was traveling and then got side tracked. Same issue and only difference is that I removed that resistor. I will post a picture of the resistor with markings 30W30KJ. Interestingly, I get NO resistance readings when testing across both terminals. Thought there was an issue with my multimeter so took it to work and had it tested in my company lab who verified that it appears to be open. At any rate, no change to the problem.

Here are the two requested photos. One of the new power supply conncections and the other of the ballast resistor markings.
IMG_6010
IMG_6026

thank you… will noodle your results and respond.

[quote=“BigBossTX, post:19, topic:89586”]

I assume this is with the cable plugged in?
The 5V pin should read close to 5V, not 3V.
It looks like something is loading the 5V supply when that cable is plugged in.

If you remove the cable and measure the 5V pin on the lps what does it read?

With cable un-plugged I still get only 3V on the 5V pin? "0"v on both the G and IN pins. Sounds like there is an issue with the new power supply? Would this low voltage cause the issue described?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

It could.

Pull off the rightmost connector and measure the 5V pin.

Thanks for your assistance Don. The right most 5 V terminal is also reading 3 volts. The 24 V terminal reads 22 volts.

Those are both low I suspect the supply is bad. Strange though given its new!

Does the supply have a 220-110 v switch on the side? Is so insure it is set correctly.

1 Like

The new supply does have the dual voltage switch which came set to 220v, and correct for China. I will reach out to the guy that I purchased it from to see if he will replace it. I agree that it is strange that both 5V circuits are bad but anything is possible here.