no control over the speed of the stepper

After much effort without getting the Clear-path Servo to work I decided to back up and make sure a standard stepper motor would work from the on board driver. Much to my surprise no matter what settings I try I have no control over the speed of the stepper. I’ve loaded the sample Delta configuration with no changes and the stepper moves in whatever direction I command but extremely slowly and as I change the steps per mm there is absolutely no change in speed. The only time I see a change in speed is when I home and then the stepper will turn at a much faster rate but again I still have no control over this either.
Am I missing something simple?

Imported from wikidot

There is something wrong either in the way you do configuration, or the way you talk to the board.

How do you try different speeds ? What software are you using ? Can we see your configuration file ?

Cheers.

I’ve used both Pronterface and Simplify 3D to communicate, same problem. I’m trying to change the speed of the stepper by increasing the steps per mm , no change matter what value I put in. I’m just trying to jog the steppers ,stepper is moving incredibly slow .Configuration is straight from Github no changes (Smoothieboard.delta)

Can you try again with the non-delta configuration and see if it changes anything ?

I just tried configuration that came with the board, and configuration github( non Delta) No movement on the stepper

So before you had a problem with speed, and now you get no movement at all ?

yes no movement at all

Alright, can you give me as much information as possible about your current setup ?

I sent you youtube link on E-mail
Like I mentioned I had so much trouble with the Clear -path Servos not working I decided to test with the onboard driver with steppermotor. The clear path servos did the same thing ,only moved very slowly and no matter how I changed the settings in the config file nothing made a difference in speed… I was able to get it to function where they could home and even simulate printing. But the steps per mm were off and I could not adjust them . thanks for your patience and help

Can you try a new SD card ?

It looks like that might have been the problem. Will let you know more soon

I checked the Micro SD card, the card seem to be dead for some reason so I used another card and burned the file directly on my computer. That was totally the problem I was encountering which has been very frustrating. The clear path servo motors are working exceptionally well and I will post a video soon.

Hi @dannydefe, did you ever get a chance to document/video your success with the ClearPath servos?