Newest Pattern for my Library

Made this model for conversion to cnc pattern based on the Cooper Hewitt acanthus etching. Marvelous artist. This pattern will go into my library. My version is close but not perfect model of the etching.

If anyone is interested on how to make these types of models I recommend 1D inc. He is very good and has shared his workflow on how to make these types of ornamental patterns in Blender 3d. Way better than I can do and also more patient.

4 Likes

Working on a new pattern for my library. Trying some new things with bas relief projection (height map) and a perspective camera view for the pattern. Had to use a height map due to the model being so deep. An STL port was just too flat and it would have taken many hours to fix (at least for me). I have the trailer modeled as well but not sure if I will use it with this.

I have this rendered model at 8" x 6.5" x .25" for reference to see how it would looked carved.

4 Likes

Working on a three pattern series of busts: Oni Samurai, Viking, and Native American.

I’ve worked on the first two and still haven’t even gotten to designing the last one. But a ton of fun so far. I haven’t converted the Viking model to a pattern yet but it will be a pain. Really sloppy modeling on my part.

6 Likes

And the last one in the series of busts.

3 Likes

its wow!wow!wow!

3 Likes

I’m working on a Memorial Day pattern. Still in the design phase but this is where I am at.

3 Likes

Final design/pattern.

3 Likes

Native American plaque test carve.

I didn’t have any nice 1.5" deep lumber so chopped up an old cedar construction 2x4 I had lying around for the blank. A lot of knots so I painted it. I also hate sanding so I have a lot of fuzzies left. Both from the type of lumber used and my laziness to sanding. Overall really happy with the pattern though.

Carved 3/4" deep on 11" circle.

3 Likes