New issues to solve! Yeah! I have solved the issue with my x and

New issues to solve! Yeah!

I have solved the issue with my x and y home. The issue turned out to be my home made adapter for the ribbon cable. There were 2 ground wires in it that needed to be wired together on my adapter and fed out to the controller. I have 2 more issues to solve and then I will be cutting.

1. The laser does not fire when I send gcode to it. I am using gcode generated out of inkscape firing on command M03. I am not sure if I need to set something on the config for that or not. I am using pin 3.26 on the Azteeg mini x5 to fire and running that through a 3.3v to 5v bidirectional logic level converter out to L on the powersupply.

2. If I hold down the test button I can etch. I noticed that the cut is backwards and upside down. I’m sure there is a way to solve this. Do I need to invert the X and Y direction in the config file?

Thanks for all your help

I have the laser_module configured in config.ini Thats good to knwo about g1 and g0. I will give laserweb a try thanks!

Ok I think I have figured out why the laser is not firing. I switched to using G1 and G0. This did not fix the problem. I am using an Azteeg X5 mini and apparently there are just 3 pins that provide pwm. All 3 of these pins pass the reference voltage from the power supply out the pwm pin. My powersupply is 24v. To do this right I think I need an optical-isolator that can be controlled using 24v to control the 5v from the powersupply to L. Is anyone else controlling their laser this way?