New GUI Touchscreen for Smoothieboard!

I agree, if you have the SBase and the TFT then you simply need crimp the connectors the same at each end and it will work properly, not sure on the Genuine Smoothieboard.

I have mine connected to my genuine Smoothieboard, and it works great, as you say, just crimp 4 connectors (I used a Dupont 4 connectors, the same as the stepper motors to be clear) and power on, all done.
I already explained before, and Smoothie is more than well documented, i found very easy to connect the Tft to my board.

Thank you very much for your answers on a photo of the tft one sees the location of the connector tx, rx …

Hello All,
Building my first Delta Style 3D printer. Decided to use the Smoothieboard but wanted to have a touch screen like my Qidi Tech X-One has.
I saw here that people are using the MKS TFT32 touch screen with the smoothieboard.
Could I get some help with this, I cannot seem to find where I should connect the MKS TFT32 to the Smoothieboard. I have been reading a lot but cannot seem to find the right answers. I looked at the smoothie documentation and board pin-outs but cannot see the TX and RX on the smoothieboard. Is it labeled differently?
It would been greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks for taken the time to read my post.
/quadcellls

The Pins TX/RX are clearly marked near the endstops connectors, You just have to connect TX on Smoothieboard with RX on the display and vice versa.
then ground and 5 volts… all done.
Have a look at the website, you will find all you need
Set the Baud rate for the UART (not the main usb) to 115200 or 250000 Baud, same for the display in the config file.

Set the config file in the Display to Smoothieboard firmware.
That’s all.

Hi Emanuel063,
I must be blind, can’t believe I didn’t see that before.
Thanks for the clear information. I’ll give it a whirl.

/quadcells

The documents provided in this post do not function for 2018 MKS FTF32 screens. The result of trying this with the V4 screens is a mirrored, horizontally oriented images and absolute zero connection or command functions with the smoothieboard. I reverted to using the original MKSTFT32 config files, layout and relevant documents found here github / makerbase-mks/MKS-TFT/tree/master/MKS-TFT2.8-3.2/History%20version

Opening the config files from the files found on this site shows a huge difference compared to the ones provided on this post. Most importantly, I managed to get the screen to work with my smoothieboard. I had high hopes for this open sourced software but I had nothing but issues with it.

My attempt at contacting the original poster via personal email was met with crickets, similar to other projects on this smoothieboard community it has been abandoned. Rely on the manufacturer documentation and software for the screen to be compatible with your smoothieboard.

The contributor of this page here is the same contributor of the github page I linked to.

same point here… that s why I m working on my “indipendent” :stuck_out_tongue: touchscreen version for smoothieboard, I m using a Nextion 4.3 touchscreen on Scott’ s Hypercube Evolution build, using smoothieboard and original firmware! just ending to implement some more advanced features… :slight_smile: