New GUI Touchscreen for Smoothieboard!

Hi! First of all i wanna thank u, it’s a wonderful job what you’ve done. I have a question though, how do you export the images as a .bin file? Which software do you use for that?. Thanks a lot!

I Just updated. Ouch!

I have the 32 version

flickr:30408629490

Any idea why?

Solved!

I made the mistake of opening the config file in my Mac text viewer. Used notepad, all good now.

Good, I was worried there for a second. Is the new GUI working for you properly now?

It looks great, you’ve done a fantastic job.
I’m now working on getting the wifi module working!

What did you have to do to make this work with your mac? I get the same thing, but even on unopened files.

Just go to Terminal app and delete all of ._* with RM -RF ._*

This will run all files and shows your icons

Hi!

Nice work!!!

One question: which font did you use for the buttons?

I’m making some modifications to some of the buttons using Windows 8 like icons and I want to add some custom options like turning on/off a led strip in the 3D printer.

Luciano

I used BankGothic Lt BT for the font, found that it gave the machine a rather new-age look that was easier to read than the original font.

I can confirm this works with both the MKS TFT2 v1.2 and the MKS TFT32_L v1.1

That looks great im going to flash this to my device tonight!

Thanks Again

Alex

I’ve ordered a screen, but as I’m not in the US it has to come from China, so I will have to wait a while. If you are printing from the SD card, is the gcode file held on the card in the MKS TFT32, or in the Smoothieboard?

If you are using the onboard smoothie Sd card then upload there the file by your Pc, but you need the RepRap Lcd panel to play it , but at that point you can use the Panel Sd slot to insert a sd card, don’t need to use smoothie onboard Sd card.
Alternative you can upload the file in a Sd card or Usb pendrive and use the MKS Sd card/Usb ports to play the file.
You cannot read the file from Smoothieboard Sd card with the MKS lcd, as is only connected via serial TX/RX.
Regards

I don’t have the computer connected to the printer. All printing I do from the SD card. If I understand you correctly, in that case I load the files onto the SD card and then put the card in the MKS slot. Is this correct?

Yes, is correct
You have the option to choose between Sd card or Usb pendrive, as the MKS support both, you just have to tell him by the menu which one you are going to use.

Hello

Could you tell me how to connect the TFT to the smoothieboard thank you card

There’s 4 connections:
TX from the Lcd goes to the RX of Smoothieboard
RX from the Lcd goes to the TX of Smoothieboard
+5 volts (setup the jumper on the Lcd board 5/12 volts to 5)
Ground
You can find +5 volts and groung in the same row of the TX/RX on Smoothie (look at the documentation)
Read the previous post to configure the Lcd for Smoothie, is all there
Cheers

What i tend to do (As on one of my setups i have an MKS TFT32 & MKS SBase) is buy the 8 Pin IDC Connectors from RS Components (59p Each), and then make the cable using CAT5.

Thanks

Alex

Re
Thanks for the quick answer for smoothie ok by cons an accuracy if I can afford side tft tx and rx are repaired or there is a doc with the pinout of this good day plug at all

I think you can find the documentation on the MKS website, but i am not sure, anyway, if you have a look at the board, is pretty obvious how to connect it, as the connectors are all labeled and clearly marked….
Is very simple.