nema17 need only 2 625 bearing

#saintflint nema17 need only 2 625 bearing

Good to see the little brother alive! With those colors, it’s almost like in a candy shop!

A fablab for we person are candy shop

could the NEMA17 version also use 625zz bearings?

No I’m in fault nema17 bearing 608 nema 14 625

Is there a reason why the NEMA17 needs a 608?

Elliot because saint are an evolution of #flintfeeder and him use 608 nema14 no permit this bearing for this we decide to use common bearing used in other project too the 625.

in anycase i feel you can modify onshape design for use 625 on nema17 too… @Michael_Memeteau can confirm it?

@Elliot_Foster In theory, it should totally work (they’re smaller). The other way around wouldn’t be possible. However:

• That’s what I had around;
  • The larger radius make of a flatter area of contact, helping not to go into “grinding mode”

Now if you’re asking me to make a 625 version for NEMA17, I’m starting to get a kind of a problem:
Looking at the variables involved:

• NEMA 17 or 14
  • Bearings 608 or 625
  • 1.75 mm or 2.85 mm

That’s already make 8 possible versions!!!
The easier would be for you to get your feet wet with Onshape and change the required dimension in the drawing. That’s not difficult…

Up to the task? :slight_smile:

Link for base drawing:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/129edb95bc9c4934b4db7ea0/w/1e4d9a93fd904d079b9921de/e/16c2d978658143f1a40c372a

Alas, @Michael_Memeteau I am probably not up to the task. If/when I get a moment, I might take a try at a rewrite in openscad, though… that’d make different parameters very easy to support.

Your design is beautiful!

Guy’s stay in upload video…can move softly ball lock we using for close labs

@Elliot_Foster With such compliment, you just won yourself the variant you were asking for… :slight_smile:
It’s not so nice, because the bearing are now flush inside the body of the extrusor, but that’s a matter of taste.

You can have it here (pictures and stl)

This is exactly where I think openscad is a little short when it comes to design.
In a near future, onshape should comes with variables. We should then get closer to the best of both world.

Beautiful again, @Michael_Memeteau … And yes, openscad with such nice little details would be tricky indeed. Really, the conical thread is the thing I’m thinking through at the moment.