My DIY CNC milling mashine - Decided to use the Pokeys57CNC v1.2 controller for

My DIY CNC milling mashine - Decided to use the Pokeys57CNC v1.2 controller for this setup.
I guess the smoothieware based conroller would work fine, but a couple of my friends use Pokeys + Mach3/4 and I wat use the same setup + using this setup I can control my VFD, add more axis (steppers + end-stops…), probes…

I ca use USB and/or Ethernet - I know there is other Linux based controllers/software, but my plan is to use Fusion360 for 3D design and CAM + Mach4

Good work! I’m going to build a similar system.waiting for the tb60 drivers from China. What stepper voltage/current do you use?I will try with 12v/4A.
And what is the round thing on the right?

Toroidal isolation transformer.
I can’t tell by looking what ratio it is.
Nicely done cabinet BTW…

I tried the pokeys, and it’s a good board, just limited to 25 kHz without an extension board, and some features are missing, such as slow zones around your homing/end switches and backlash compensation. (I only used it with mach3 not mach4) and its very sensitive to noise on your inputs, this and the missing features ultimately made me go with something else.
(was using the 57u pokeys, not the cnc as you are)

I`m going to use 40V 4.2A on my stepper drivers.
The module (upper right) is a 5V, 12V and softstart for the 40V module.
The round thing is the transformer for the 40V output
The module (lower right) is the 40V output module with large capasitor banks and seperate fuse for each motor output.

Pokeys57CNC

(high performance 8-axis 125 kHz pulse engine with dedicated motor connectors,)

Thanks for the info!
At the moment I decided to use 12V steppers. to control the drivers is the arduino with estlcam.
Mechanical components are trapezoid srews. But I’m not lucky with them, hope to replace them with toothed racks, module 1.

Will share pictures with you soon!

One more: is there a schematic of the capacitor bank? I guess I could need one in future, in case of the supply overload.

Hi, you’ve done a good job, congratulations. You realized you the pcb to stabilize the voltage? Where can I find the pcb circuit?
missing/deleted image from Google+

You may send a message to Mark and ask - I ordered my CNC power from him:
http://oferta.forum-cnc.pl/?o-firmie,1

My CNC desging - the electronics is for this machine

Some more work before the hardware is ready + I have to order the two screws for the Y-axis + decide what Spindle to use…

Great!

Øyvind. You can downgrade holding torque to 1/2. You don’t need 100% holding torque current. What you got are one solid piece of stepper motors and drivers and you need much bigger machine before you need using 100% torque current. Ow and your are using 40V 4,2A which is awesome. I used 48V 4,2A on the same motors without any problems. Yes they get a little bit warm, but those steppers can handle much more heat.

@Martin_Adam_Martinse

With the 856 drivers, the steppers actually run quite cool, I have a complete watercooling setup on my steppers from when i ran 542 drivers, and yes they still got hot with those drivers, But after i changed… I can idle it for more than 2 hours and temps doesnt raise, also i have cut lots of alu…and i just cant get them hot on 40V