More and more ideas and things that are actually useful.

More and more ideas and things that are actually useful. $5 showerhead, made with like $0.20 worth of plastic. (No swivel though)
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:40903

Neat, I’ll add this to the list of “objects to show when people ask what the hell you can use a 3d printer for” :slight_smile:

No swivel yet, but with a few tweaks it can be done!

Printing a water-tight ball joint like manufactured shower heads use will be pretty tough. I would instead try to integrate a flexible tube and an adjustable arm, so that the structural and water-carrying parts are separate, and don’t have to make compromises for one another.

do mind, longterm wateruse on a PLA-part makes it soft.

@Kristof_Deruyttere Do you have more info on that ? Never heard of such degradation, even from people who use their printed parts (PLA) submerged for long duration (aquariums)

I don’t know about the water itself, but I wouldn’t trust PLA with the temperature of shower water for extended periods of time.

woops yeah totally forgot about the “hot” part of hot water :slight_smile: my bad

I printed a drain-filter for the shower, it keeps the hair from stocking the pipes. After some weeks it broke due to being to soft …