Many tablets have battery issues using the OTG cable and not being able to

Many tablets have battery issues using the OTG cable and not being able to charge while printing. Since the smoothieboard has the ethernet, it seems like it would be a good marriage to support printing to smoothie over the network.

That is exactly what I’m attempting to lean myself. I have a wireless N router I plan to dedicate to a new printer I’m building. I’d like to plug to the smoothieboard through the ethernet and then connect the GCodePrintr via wireless. Anyone else done this or something similar? Thanks…TP

I never could get this to work. to control the smoothie over the network, the only thing that works (worth a crap) is Pronterface (which I hate) but since my smoothieboard locks up if you look at the USB cable wrong, I use pronterface to start/stop/monitor my smoothirprints, I just complain about it the whole time.

Thanks Robert…I’ve posted questions here and at Smoothieware.org about being able to connect the network using the ethernet port. A person in the delta community said he runs a smoothie via GCodePrintr but uses the USB connection. He doesn’t think GCP supports the smoothie web interface. I’ve posted a question her if that’s true or not. Thanks…TP.

that might be me too, I’m GRB352.

Yep…that’s your post. :slight_smile: