Machine Settings on LaserWeb 4 for Creality CP01

Greetings to all,

I’ve just bought Creality CP01 a few weeks back after doing some research and just now realized that this is not a plug and play machine that you can do what you want right out of the box. I’ve tried other software’s but had some compatibility issues and LaserWeb 4 seems to work fine but still on the learning stage.

The issue i am encountering is that whenever i uploaded an image to burn or cut in laserweb 4 and generate code directly from the software , the laser wont turn on unless you manually turned it on , but it works fine when you upload a gcode file which was generated from other software like inkscape.

Hope someone can help or explain the process…

Many thanks!

This could mean you have not setup all nessessary settings in LaserWeb.
What firmware + version does your CP01 have?
Did you load the matching default profile in LW4?

Thanks for the answer @cprezzi, total newbie here, not sure what the version of the machine really is. The CP 01 is not actually listed in the supported machine of LW4 so you have to create/add it manually and not even sure if the profile i set was correct.

Just load the “Generic GRBL machine” Profie. Then go to the Gcode settings “GCODE START” field and change the line M4 S0 to M3 S0. M3 means “laser on” and S0 means 0 power.

GRBL >1.1 support “laser mode” with $32=1, in which M4 is used for “pwm adapted to feed”, so no power without movement. See Wiki for details:

2 Likes

Thanks @cprezzi ,will read this wiki.

Hi,

these are the settings for cp01

[laser]
laserSpeed=31
laserPower=95
printWidth=150
power=25
times=1

[font]
font=1
font_size=1

[Slice]
pre_vector_path=.

[Creaty]
cnc_off=M107
cnc_on=M106 S255
crue_speed=20
laser_off=M107
laser_on=M106 S255
travel_speed=60
cnc_feed_z=1
cnc_travel_z=5
mode=laser
pre_vector_path=C:/Users/admin/Desktop
pix_dis=
xmax=200
ymax=200
xoffset=0
yoffset=0

Any idea how to apply these in Laserweb? Many thanks.

kind regards,

Q