M2Nano Board not seen through USB/ethernet remote print bridge

@donkjr

I think @bsisson wants to use it in his maker space and does not want to invest any of his own money in it to make it safe.

1 Like

I modified the topic title so to make it easier for the next person to find who is curious about running a K40 through a network print bridge device. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s about the to change though when I get my 3D printer :smile: Got some long planned upgrades that the printer will make happen a lot easier and cheaper.

2 Likes

Many many many years ago I would have had lots of fun “Hacking” the K40 to make it stronger, faster, and better than before…

I now have far less space, money or energy to spend on something that does not “play nice” with the rest of our House’s IoT stuff.

It could be made safer with interlocks and better grounding. The mirrors and optics can be upgraded along with the controller, and then you have… something almost as good as something that costs less and has support…

The video on the M2nano board was, uhm, enlightening… that thing is dumb, really dumb. Doesn’t even have enough smarts to give its name on a usb port query.

I will try digging out a laptop to see if it regognizes that and will then likely put it out on the web for someone else to play with.

3 Likes