Laser Tube Arcing has noise as short-circuit when my laser machine running

Hi all, i have a problem with laser CO2.When my laser machine running, the tube arcing has noise
Please help me. Thanks you so much!

It should not be arcing internally like this.

Doubt it’s the lps as it would just overdrive the tube…

I’m afraid the tube is the only thing that would do this.

Have you checked it for TEM resonance or mode?

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Is that actually arcing inside the tube or is that a reflection of light from the arch on the tubes surface?
Can you get a closer picture of the arc.

Does the machine mark correctly?

1 Like

Thanks bro, i’'ll try it

Thanks bro, That’s actually arcing inside the tube. When I cut meterial with low power, the problem isn’t continue. The phenomenon happens as image which I remark below

as @jkwilborn advises, it should not arc inside the tube which suggests the tube is bad.

I checked and the cause of the problem is the high voltage of the PSL :smiling_face_with_tear:

Do you have a high voltage meter to determine it’s a problem?

Most people don’t have the equipment to do any kind of work with the laser power supply (lps).

I think what you’re seeing, is the results of a failed tube, not a lps failure.

1 Like

Another way of putting what Jack just said is that if the tube is failing the electrical load on the Laser Power Supply(LPS) can cause arcing in the LPS. Both parts are considered ‘consumables’ in these machines and I would not be surprised if lots of LPS failures are cascading failures as a result of the tube failing.

I tried reattaching the wires and cleaning the high pressure unit. Currently the machine is working normally.
Thank you for helping me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The arcing is occurring within the tube… cleaning and rewiring should not have any effect on this…???

Due to the unstable high current the discharge beam is interrupted. After checking, The sound emitted is from the lps, not the launch tube.

If it’s currently working from a simple rewire, then the lps could not be at fault either… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Did you do the simple TEM00 test… only takes a couple seconds.

Good luck

Being clear on symptoms and following through with requests will assist us in helping you.

Show us a burn from the output of the tube (TEM00 test @jkwilborn asked for)
Is the arc inside the tube inside the LPS or both? Post a closer clearer video of the actual arc

Arcs occur:

• When the tube is bad and the LPS essentially has no load.

• When the LPS transformer (HVT inside the LPS) is shorted, which can be caused by the HVT failing or repeated arcs damaging the supply.

• Rarely but possible if the LPS wiring develops corona tracks or physical damage.

Be cautious messing with the HV … it is lethal. Do not get near it when the machine is on.