I converted K40 to have Taurino with RAMPS 1.4 with Turnkey Tyranny firmware. I get it to work and I left the knob for maximum power, “Test” button and “Engrave” button connected so the RAMPS is connected with an 2n7002 to the “L” line on the PS. The problem I am facing is that Repetier software loses connection to the Taurino board but only if I fire the laser:( I generated the g-code and if I don’t enable the laser with “Engrave” button, the movements of Y and X axes are OK. If I enable the laser, Repetier looses connection (laser stops completely) and only what helps is disconnect and reconnect USB cable. The stop is not instant after the first laser beam but is after a random running time. I also did the following test:
- switched all OFF and then back ON
- connected USB cable to laptop
- connected Repetier and issued “home” command
- fired the laser with “Test” button a couple of times
- Connections was lost over USB but Repetier doesn’t show that (so K40 appears as connected). When I try to issue a command in Repetier, it just stacks commands. Clicking disconnect and connect in repetier doesn’t help. I have again to unplug and plug back USB cable.
As I don’t have an LCD connected to RAMPS (for now) to see if Taurino is blocked or only the USB connection, I don’t know what else might cause this behavior. Is it possible that HV from PS (as it is not covered) produces this problems with Taurino? Thanks.