K40 Whisperer Wont Send Complicated Design

I am loving K40 Whisperer and have successfully had it do all kinds of raster engraving, vector engraving, and vector cuts. Up until now all my cuts have been pretty simple. I now have a very detailed vector cut I want to do with a lot of non linear moves. I click the button to vector cut and it goes through and processes the data with the green bar on the bottom and then the bottom bar eventually goes white but nothing ever happens and the laser never moves. Is there something special I need to do for it to be able to process something this intricate? My assumption is python is just not able to handle the work and cant ever get it into RAM before sending it over USB. Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached a screen shot of the image I’m trying to cut for reference.

If you run it from the command line, you should be able to see the error message(s) (if any).

I’d also guess that it might use too much memory. Are you using the latest version?

Anyhow, since this design is very complicated, raster engraving it might be faster and it probably would also look a bit better. Try it with a small 4x4 cm section and see which one looks better.

2 Likes