K40 Whisperer DXF import errors

I have a K40 and software K40 Whisperer. When I import a DXF file I get an error warning.

DXF import ignored: MTEXT entity (6 places)
DXF import ignored: VIEWPORT entity (1 place)

The effect is my import includes only the red cut lines and all blue engrave text is missing.

I am using Progecad2009 to export DXF files in the Autocad2007 Ascii format.

I tried exporting in DXF binary format and got total import failure with K40 Whisperer.

The fonts I am using are vector fonts. I have tried changing the font but no effect. I tried changing the layer label to “Engrave” but no effect.

I have searched online for lists of the K40 Whisperer Import Warnings, but cannot find anything in the official documentation or elsewhere. Where should I look please?

Please can you help, as to why my engrave lines are not importing?

Text in DXF files is not supported in K40 Whisperer. If you design software can convert text to lines that should get your text to show up.

The Viewport error can probably be ignored. I don’t believe there is any design data associated with Viewport. K40 Whiperer is just telling you it ignored something, and what it is that was ignored.

Scorch

1 Like

Inkscape has pretty good DXF import capabilities; you might have success importing the DXF there and then exporting to SVG. this is how I have extracted text from DXF’s in the past.

• you need to highlight the text then select Path->Object to Path in inkscape to bring the text into the svg file as paths.
  • @Scorch is correct, the Viewport is Autocad metadata, not part of the drawing, and can be ignored. A good source for explanations of DXF entities is here: VIEWPORT (Entity) — dxfwrite 1.2.1 documentation