K40 whisperer cannot recognize the laser

Hi,

I’ve been trying to connect the laser to the K40 whisperer but it doesn’t recognize it. I followed the instructions from [K40 Whisperer USB Driver Setup] to install the libUSB driver from Zidag. But in step 5, it says select the item “USB-EPP\I2C… CH341A”

r/K40laser - K40 whisperer cannot recognize the laser.

but in my PC I do not see it, instead I see “USB UART-LPT” (goes away when laser is disconnected).

So I selected it and installed the driver.

But now the K40 whisperer does not recognize the laser and also does not show any driver error, only a red band at the bottom.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

What controller is in your K40 laser cutter? maybe add a photo of it and the machine too.

1 Like

Is this what you are asking?

1 Like

K40 Whisperer and MeerK4t should work with that controller but #1 you should read the K40 Intro linked at the top of this page. Yes it is alot to read and yes you might find there are things there you don’t need or care about. But, it will also tell you about coolant flow and temps, about installing a mA meter and probably about how that digital meter is NOT a 0-100% type of control and that anything over 45% is likely to be overpowering your laser and prematurely wearing it out. And lots more.

The other thing is that your USB connector on that board is damaged.

I don’t run Windows myself but generally the instructions on the K40 Whisperer site or the MeerK4t site describe how to setup the USB driver. Just don’t run the laser without coolant flowing and don’t over drive the tube.