K40 laser stopped communicating - cannot install laser device not found

Hi everyone, my K40 laser stopped communicating with PC all of a sudden. It was working but for a reason K40 Whispered started to warn it cannot detect the laser. I checked the cables everything is in place. Gantry is working, laser beam is firing with test button. When I try to install K40 whisperer again at the stage of installing the driver it is giving a warning that “cannot install laser device not found”

What might be the problem? Your help is much appreciated

Look to see if your OS recognizes and creates the USB serial device required for K40 Whisperer to connect to. If Windows, maybe there was an update which removed the driver…

1 Like

weird thing is when I plug the usb to my PC there was this device connection sound/ Now that is not happening. I was concerned if the board is having an issue. Could that happen? I am not able to install the drier again because at the installation screen laser cutter isn’t recognised. I ordered another board in any case to double check but if board isn’t faulty I am not sure what else I can do

Did you look in the device tree or whatever your OS does to show hardware connections?

I’m not talking about driver notifications but the list of devices which show the low level hardware was detected.

1 Like

As I suspected M2 Nano board wasn’t working hence computer wasn’t able to recognise the machine. After replacing the board with the new one, it works. Thank you for the replies

1 Like

now what fried your M2Nano? Is there a ground loop problem between your USB cable and your K40?
I suppose static could have fried the USB port on the M2Nano.

if you blow another one this might be the first place to start looking. Good luck.