I've got some self aligning bronze bushings on order (am I cheap for thinking

I’ve got some self aligning bronze bushings on order (am I cheap for thinking $42 for 8 is kinda pricey?) for some replacement @Eclsnowman design carriages…unfortunately, I can currently only print in PLA…while abs would be the ideal material, the printer I have available doesn’t have a heated print bed.

Once installed, how hard would it be to recover the bushings for re-use on an abs carriage?

My printer is running with only PLA parts except the fan duct in petg since about 8 months without any problems. Like you I couldn’t print ABS parts. The bushings can be removed quite easily by gently heating the PLA parts assuming you didn’t do some heavy hammering to put them in place :wink:

Cool…it’s at this point I notice my cold-bed working printer has 8mm rods…doubling the cost for the 10mm bushings…at least until I build another printer. I swear 40% of the cost of these things is waste due to ordering mistakes.

Like @Maxime_Favre I’ve been running a PLA carriage with a PETG duct for an extended time without any issues. Or you could print the whole carriage in PETG

Printed all in PLA. Cut the old parts in 2 pieces and it’s easy to push the bushings out in the inside out direction.