It's not exactly directly related to the Smoothieboard mods but I was struggling with

It’s not exactly directly related to the Smoothieboard mods but I was struggling with the PWM stuff and decided I needed to see what was happening on various lines. So I bought a Seeed DSO Nano. I hooked it up to 2.4 and decided I either didn’t know how to use the scope [ it’s been a while since I last used an oscilloscope in anger ] or that things weren’t behaving as I expected.

So I pulled out a Raspberry Pi, knocked up a bit of Python to drive a GPIO line and hooked up the DSO Nano. Given a known input source I was pretty much able to work out how to control the Oscilloscope. Next step…proper mucking about with the Smoothieboard PWM…and then probably adopt the technique pioneered by @donkjr - if it works with my LPSU :slight_smile:

Nice, let me know if you need any help.

Neat :slight_smile: I never fully learned how to use my DSO and I have a logic analyzer now that I like much better.

I have 2 scopes and a logic analyzer. Then +Peter van der Walt dangled one on bangood in front of me. Its been on back order forever :slight_smile:

+Peter van der Walt the unit is finally on the way. God I hope its the new version??